Kale Chips are absolutely delicious! Although it seemed every time I tried to make them they would stay in the oven a bit to long and burn! Boo! But with this recipe they were great and actually came out like chips. Kale Chips are healthy snack that can take the place of any potato chip.
I first started to hear about Kale Chips at work (Curves) where I am a Certified Curves Complete Coach. One of the snacks we would tell our members to try is kale chips! They were simple to make and could be dressed up or simply prepared. Not to mention healthy -about 100 calories per serving!
Here is my version of Simple Baked Kale Chips with Parmigiano Reggiano :
You will need:
A bunch of kale torn into bite size pieces
A salad spinner
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
Big pinch of salt
1) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare kale by tearing into bite size pieces removing the stem. Rinse with water if it was not cleaned already. Then put kale into salad spinner to make sure it is very dry. If you do not have salad spinner you can dry with paper towel.
3) Put kale into large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a big pinch of salt, some pepper. Mix until all the leaves are covered.
4) Prepare 2 baking sheets and then pour mixture onto sheets making sure that it is a flat even layer. (Do not pile kale – make sure it is an even flat layer) It will shrink down significantly.
5) Bake for about 10-15 minutes. I ended up baking for 12 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano or seasoning of your choice!
7) Enjoy the delicious but simple kale chips!
Recipe was adopted from Curves Complete Meal Plan.