Now that grilling season has officially begun I have been loving the simplicity and easiness of grilling almost anything! Fish is one of my favorite things to grill in the Summer because it is easy and very healthy. Grilled Swordfish with vegetables and fingerling potatoes is so quick and perfect for any summer BBQ!
There are many benefits to grilling seafood. Fish are low in calories and fat, yet provide a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, is another fish i love to grill. Today, I decided to go with Swordfish. Having fresh fish is important in any summer BBQ. Make sure to pick whatever looks freshest at your local market.
Yellow and orange peppers sautéed with asparagus go deliciously with this grilled Swordfish. One of my favorite ways to serve vegetables are mixing different colors and textures. Today I grilled fresh asparagus with yellow and orange peppers. Bell Peppers are a good source of vitamin C and also contain fiber, protein and iron. Yum! Asparagus are also packed with loads of healthy nutrients and a good source of fiber.
I will definitely make this again, here’s what i did:
1. Prepare fish and marinade for at least 1 hour
Salt and pepper both sides of fish and then place in ziplock bag. Add half the juice of a lemon, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or fresh garlic to bag. Slice other half of lemon and place on top of fish.
2. While fish is marinating cut up 1 orange pepper, 1 yellow pepper, and 1 bunch of asparagus add to mixing bowl. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
3. Prepare potatoes in tin foil pouch with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh rosemary.
4. Prepare grill to 400 degrees and begin to cook potato pouch first, add grilled vegetables to grill sauté, cook for about 10 minutes.
5. While vegetable and potatoes are cooking and almost done prepare grill for fish about 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Remove fish, vegetable, and potato from grill and enjoy!