I love grilling in the summer time. Especially as it starts to get really hot for the Summer in New York. Why turn on the oven and have to preheat it along with my whole apartment at the same time. Grilling is a great way to avoid this while also enjoying simple and easy food. Enjoy this grilled chicken and sweet potato slices with a nice big green salad!
Sweet potato is a simple yet inexpensive staple to have on hand. The potato or yam is jammed pack full of health benefits such as high fiber, a large amount of B6 which is good for you heart, rich in beta-carotene or also known as vitamin A, a great source of manganese which help support healthy blood sugar levels. To read more on sweet potato click here.
I love this because you do not really need a recipe and it only takes two seconds to whip up when you are in a rush. I also have been trying to use all the herbs in my garden as much as possible. Dried herbs would work fine in replace of fresh though. Look out for a garden post coming soon!
Here’s what I did:
- 1 Pound sweet potato – I used one large
- 1 pound of chicken cutlets
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- olive oil
- grill spray
- Preheat Grill while you prepare chicken and potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into wedges or long slices
- Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and fresh thyme (from the garden). Leave until ready to grill
- Prepare chicken: sprinkle with salt and pepper and table spoon of olive oil. Chop fresh rosemary and add to chicken.
- Put potatoes on grill 5 minutes on each side. Then move potatoes to top part of grill to continue cooking
- Add chicken to grill. If they are thin then only a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
Comment your favorite things to grill!