This is not an another boring piece of chicken, I promise! Perfect for a 4th of July BBQ. Boy was this Asian Grilled Chicken Thigh delicious! I decided to make this because I was craving some Asian flavors but I did not want to get take out or go to a Chinese Restaurant. It was a beautiful day to be outside and grill, what more do you need?
I like to experiment with Chicken and try and find ways to make it delicious! This was no exception, accept for the fact it was so easy! Combine all the ingredients let it marinade for 2 hours and you got yourself a delicious piece of chicken.
The Asian marinade for this recipe hits every note- sweet, savory, spicy, tangy and zesty! It actually pleasantly surprised my boyfriend and I. Especially because he loves spicy, and me not so much. But it was the perfect balance to where we were both happy.
Best of all you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry of refrigerator right now.
Here’s what you will need:
- 4 Chicken thighs bone in with skin (you could use boneless and skinless as well)
For the marinade/glaze:
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of spicy or sweet chili sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Prepare the marinade: Place soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, chili sauce, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and cilantro in a bowl and whisk together.
- Put chicken thighs in a zip lock bag or zip lock container sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour marinade over chicken. Make sure all of chicken gets covered in marinade, you can use your hands if you want. Refrigerate for 2 hours or over night if possible.
- Pre-heat outdoor grill to high heat. While grill is pre-heating take chicken out and prepare your vegetables or any side dishes.
- I suggest grilled veggies and a spoon full of brown rice.
- Grill the chicken until no longer pink – about 25 minutes – make sure to get skin crispy. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- While chicken is cooking take extra marinade in bag or container and put in a sauce pan. bring to a boil and let reduce until it thickens.
- Once chicken is almost done put the glaze on the top of the chicken and remove from heat.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and a spoon full of brown rice. Top chicken with any extra chopped cilantro. Enjoy your delicious chicken!
Perfect for a 4th of July BBQ! Can’t wait to have this again.