Grilled Soft-shell crabs with lemon herb marinade. Served with grilled sweet potato cube and string beans. Wow was this delicious! I love when summer rolls around and soft-shell crabs come in season. The last time we made soft-shell crabs it was sautéed, but grilling was also yummy!
Whenever I am at a restaurant that has soft shell crabs I always want to order it. However, that can be as much as 50 dollars an entree. These soft shell-crabs were 2 dollars each! So I could not resist!
Soft-shell crabs have a outer shell that is soft and you can eat the whole crab. This makes things very easy no cracking necessary. The shell crabs are soft because the crabs have recently molted, or shed their shell. You must remove the mouth, gills, and abdomen. My local fish market removed it for me so make sure to ask if you buy soft-shell crabs from a fish market.
I love having different colors on my plate so I decided to have grilled sweet potato and green beans with the s0ft-shell crabs. This added a few different colors to my plate. I always have greens on my plate! You can serve this with whatever you like though.
Here’s what I did:
You will need:
- 4 soft shell crabs
- few leaves of parsley
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 1 sweet potato
- string beans
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Make sure your crabs are cleaned of the guts and head. Then prepare the marinade. Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, juice of a lemon, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the soft-shell crabs.
- Prepare potatoes chop into cubes season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Very simple.
- Cut the ends of the green beans. Combine with 1 tablespoon oil, garlic minced, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees or very hot.
- Put potatoes in basket on the grill or directly on the heat and cook until tender.
- To cook the crabs grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste with oil and herb mixture half way through.
- Once crabs are flipped add string beans to another basket and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious soft-shell crabs with sweet potatoes and string beans.What’s your favorite way to cook soft-shell crabs?