Got Peaches? Make a cobbler!
Fresh Peach Raspberry Cobbler, YUMM!!
Recently I went peach and raspberry picking at Lewin Farm on Long Island. We got 10 pounds of peaches so you will see many peach recipes. This peach raspberry cobbler was so fresh with sweet summery goodness.
This post is in honor of my cousin, Nick. We used to bake a lot when we were younger but haven’t had the opportunity to in almost 2 years. The other day Nick, Ryan (my boyfriend) and I were hanging out and we decided to bake this cobbler. It was so fun and felt like old times.
I of course am the boss in the kitchen and they were my sous chefs. With a little team work we were able to put together a delicious cobbler that is super easy and takes very little time to prepare.
The peaches are fresh from the trees and the raspberries are from the bushes at Lewin Farm. I loved getting the fruit straight from the tree. Here’s what it looked like:
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 5 peaches peeled and sliced
- a handful of raspberries
What to do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and melting 4 tablespoons of butter in the pan you will use to cook cobbler.
- Prepare your fruit by combining sugar, peaches, raspberries, lemon juice, lemon zest in a sauce pan over medium heat until sugar melts and begins to cook down.
- While butter is melting and fruit is cooking combine flour, baking powder, salt, and a sprinkle of sugar in a bowl. Slowly add 1 cup of milk into mixture until ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter over melted butter. Do not mix. Then pour peach mixture over the batter evenly distributed. The batter will cook over the peaches and create a crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes and Enjoy!