Simple Blueberry and Greek Yogurt Smoothie!
Since my family went blueberry picking and got 3 gallons of blueberries, I have been trying to find ways to put them to use before they go bad. I have made cobbler, muffins, bread, and smoothies! I loved this blueberry and greek yogurt smoothie. I had this on a warm day and it was delicious and healthy!
I really do not like soda and I am thankful for that. I try and find drinks that can still satisfy me. I love to try smoothies, juices, and iced teas. This blueberry and greek yogurt smoothie tasted like summer. And I love it!
According to Womens Fitness, blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit: blueberries, being very rich in anti-oxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, and copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial). There are even several studies such as one conducted at the University of Michigan Cardiovascular center that suggests blueberries may help reduce belly fat and risk factors for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome.
Whatever the case may be, here is a fun and exciting way to drink your blueberries!
You will need:
- 1 cup of greek yogurt (I used a Dannon Greek light and fit vanilla greek yogurt)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- a little less then a tablespoon of agave nectar
- a splash of unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 cubes of ice
What to do:
- Put yogurt, blueberries, agave nectar, a splash of almond milk, and about 3 ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth.
- I love to leave it a little chunky so I can still feel and see the blueberries!
Thank you Pioneer Women! I will definitely be making this again!