Baked Turkey Meatballs
These healthy turkey meatballs are baked, easy to make, and create very little mess! This is a great go to recipe for during the week or to make ahead for dinner one night. Turkey meatballs can be made with almost anything and are very versatile. Serve these with salad, quinoa, vegetables, pasta, or in a soup.
Substituting ground turkey for ground beef in your meals is a great way to reduce saturated fats and lower your cholesterol in meals. Lean ground turkey is low in calories and high in protein which makes it a great choice when trying to eat healthy. If you have tried ground turkey but find it boring and dry be sure to add different spices and vegetables to the meat to give it flavor.
In this recipe I used grated carrot to add moisture, italian seasoning, as well as bread crumbs as a binding. This recipe did not lack flavor the and the baked turkey meatballs were delicious! Baked turkey meatballs are really easy and make a lot of mini meatballs which is great because that means leftovers of lunch the next day.
You will need
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 of grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove minced
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine grated carrot, egg, breadcrumbs, italian seasoning, garlic, grated parmesan, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 pound of ground turkey and mix with your CLEAN hands to evenly mix the breadcrumb mixture throughout.
- Form balls with a tablespoon and put on baking sheet that is sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with green salad or as a side to vegetables.
I made this recipe to have during the week when I needed a quick dinner. I served with quinoa, broccoli and red bell peppers. This was a perfect “dinner box” and I just ate during the week when I did not have time to cook.
I found this recipe here. Thanks for sharing, I loved them!