Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
Eggplant Parmesan with no bread crumbs! This is a simpler and healthier way to eat eggplant parmesan in the summer. The garden produced its first eggplant the other day so I decided to make this as well as eggplant chips which you will see a little later on.
We were so excited to see that our garden had large eggplants this year. Prior years other family members had no luck growing eggplants. If you are lucky enough to have fresh eggplant from your garden the you need to try this recipe! But if not, one from the supermarket or farmers market would do.
I love this quick recipe of grilled eggplant parmesan because it has all the flavors of traditional parmesans but without the extra breadcrumbs or egg.
You can also make this recipe for one person or for your whole family. To make it for yourself just take one or two slices off the eggplant and follow the recipe below. If you want to make it for a larger group use the whole eggplant.
Here’s what you will need:
- Medium eggplant cut quarter inch slices
- your favorite tomato sauce
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt pepper
- fresh mozzarella cheese cut into slices
What to do:
- Cut your eggplant into quarter inch slices and let sit for up to an hour on paper towel before grilling to get out extra moisture.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees
- Once your eggplant is done sitting brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant on one side for about 5-6 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Flip eggplant and put 1 tablespoon of sauce on each eggplant. Top with slice of mozzarella cheese and basil.
- Close grill and let it cook for about another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!