We have so many tomatoes in the garden right now. Everyday this one tomato plant produces so many delicious orange grape tomatoes. I decided to make a tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad that is super easy to make and tastes so fresh.
I am not a huge fan of tomatoes. But I am trying to change that. Tomatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin C as well as beta-carotene and few other vitamins. Tomatoes are also a sweet yet low in calories snack. Perfect for someone who is watching what they eat.
It’s super easy, here’s what you will need:
- A pint of tomatoes or from your own garden like I did – as many as you have! Cut them all in half.
- A small piece of a fresh mozzarella ball cut up into small cubes
- 6 basil leaves (from my garden) – chopped
- About 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
What to do:
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil on a bowl.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar over the top. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Enjoy! This was so delicious. I ate this as a side with dinner. It would go great as an appetizer, or served with fish, chicken, or slice of french bread.