Chinese Stir-Fry with Fresh Vegetables and Chicken served with Cauliflower RiceStir-fry is one of the easiest things to make- and that’s why I love it. This recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables and has all the flavors of Chinese takeout-but without the bloat.
I found this recipe so easy because of the components in the “Chinese sauce” for the stir fry, pretty much just lemon juice and soy sauce. I was hesitant that those two flavors alone would not be enough. But it was, and I loved this chicken and vegetable stir-fry!
I also decided to switch it up by not using rice with this dish. Instead I opted for cauliflower rice. This was my first time making cauliflower rice. It was very easy and I thought substituted nicely for rice.
Serve this chicken stir-fry with a side salad, rice, or my cauliflower rice, and you have a healthy and low-fat weeknight meal.
Here’s What You Need:
Chinese Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 pound of chicken cubed – I used chicken tenders and cubed them
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup of defrosted peas
- half a yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced thin
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower
- garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- food processor
What to do:
*see below on how to make cauliflower rice
- Prepare red and yellow bell pepper, onion, and carrot as noted above. Cut up chicken and season with salt and pepper and place aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with tablespoon of olive oil. Add minced garlic and let cook for 2 minutes. Next add the onion and saute for another minute. Finally add the carrots and bell peppers. Saute until tender about 5-6 minutes.
- Add defrosted peas, raw chicken, soy sauce, lemon juice, red pepper flake, salt and pepper. Stir and let chicken cook. Cover pot for about 10-15 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
- Enjoy over cauliflower rice!
* To make cauliflower rice cut cauliflower head into small pieces and put into a food processor working in about 4 batches to complete the whole head of cauliflower.
Do not over process because then it turns mushy. Just let it chop into small rice pieces for about 10 seconds per batch. Remove from blender.*To cook the cauliflower from there you can heat a skillet on the stove while chicken is cooking with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot add cauliflower rice into skillet to cook. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and whatever seasoning you like. Let cook for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.