Caprese Salad with fresh sliced mozzarella, yellow, red, and green heirloom tomatoes. It’s tomato season so I need to find some way to use all these gorgeous tomatoes. You may have seen an earlier post that is similar to this but a different preparation – my Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad.
In this recipe the tomatoes are different (heirloom as opposed to little orange tomatoes)and the tomatoes are presented as a traditional Caprese Salad.
If you haven’t taken advantage of all the amazing tomatoes that you can find at the farmers market, super market, and in your own garden then now is the time before it’s too late!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 heirloom tomatoes – i used red, yellow, and green
- basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and coarse black pepper
- fresh mozzarella ball
What to do:
- Prepare tomatoes by slicing heirloom tomatoes to preferred thickness. Also slice mozzarella cheese.
- Lay tomatoes on a serving tray and sprinkle salt and pepper over the tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Next lay mozzarella slices over the tomatoes followed by torn basil. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper and drizzle more olive oil over the top.
That’s it! This is a perfect appetizer for a party or serve as a side to your dinner and enjoy the freshness of summer!