Chicken Wings with Fresh Herbs, Lemon, and Olive Oil.
This is a lighter take on a traditional fried chicken wing that is smothered with sauce. In my house we usually make an asian chicken wing when grilling but today I decided to go for more of an italian marinated chicken wing.
This herb chicken wing is a great change to a traditional chicken wing and are great as an appetizer, a for dinner, or an outside BBQ. Herbed chicken wings are great when you have a lot of herbs laying around that don’t get used frequently enough. These were crispy, herby, and delicious!
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken wings and legs about 24
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 rosemary sprigs chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 of olive oil enough to marinade
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- sea salt and ground black pepper
What to do:
- Rinse and pat dry chicken. Then prepare marinade by combining chicken, leaves on thyme sprigs, parsley, rosemary, zest of lemon, juice, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until coated and let marinade for at least 1 hour or over night.
- When ready to make chicken wings prepare grill to medium high heat. Remove wings from marinade and cook on one side crispy and brown flip occasionally until both sides are cooked about 15-25 minutes. If cooking other sides keep wings warm in a tin foil tray while other food is cooking.
Serve as an appetizer with carrots and celery or for dinner with grilled vegetables.