Lemony Green Beans on the Grill!
I love using a grill basket in the summer because it is so easy to cook vegetables in the basket when grilling outdoors. My new favorite way to serve Green Beans is with lemon and garlic.
Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are all the same thing. They are a great fat free and low calorie vegetable which I love! Green Beans are also a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K for strong bones, and Vitamin C. Lemons are also known to have many health benefits such as alkalizing the body which helps restore the bodies PH levels. As well as many other health benefits you can find here.
If you do not have a grill basket or do not want to grill these green beans then you can roast them in the oven and they will still be delicious. Roast a 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. You can also steam the green beans and then add the lemon mixture after.
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 pound of green beans cleaned and trimmed
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
What to do:
- Make lemony mixture by combining lemon zest, juice, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add cleaned green beans to the lemon mixture and toss.
- Preheat grill basket and spray with non stick cooking spray. When hot cook green beans in basket until tender about 7-10 minutes.
Enjoy for dinner with chicken or fish. Have left overs the next day in a salad.