Whole Wheat Toast with Mashed Avocado Topped with Bacon and a Fried Egg. Delicious.
I am a big fan of bacon and eggs for breakfast whenever I get the chance to have it. I loved the idea of changing this classic up by adding smashed avocado on an open face sandwich.
Avocados are rich, satisfying, and typically characterized as one of the “good” fats. It’s packed with anti aging, disease fighting antioxidants, and nearly 20 different vitamins and minerals, according to ABC News. If you do not eat avocado regularly you should consider adding this superfood to your diet. 1/5 of the avocado is about 50 calories and 3 carbohydrates. You do not need to eat a lot of this to get the benefits. I try and use about 2-3 slices per person when I eat avocado.
Try this egg sandwich when you need a satisfying yet filling breakfast and wish to have something new for breakfast or lunch.
Serving Size 1
What you will Need:
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, italian seasoning
- 2 pieces cooked thick cut bacon
- 1 piece of toasted whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons smashed avocado seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
What to do:
- Begin by cooking your bacon according to your package or your preferred cooking method. When bacon is almost done heat up a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of butter. Crack egg into butter and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side depending on how runny you like your egg. Season egg with seasoning salt and italian seasoning.
- While egg is cooking mash avocado in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and spread onto toasted bread.
- Next put cooked bacon onto avocado toast and when egg is done you can move it to a paper towel to remove some of the butter and then put on top of your toast.
- Enjoy a satisfying twist on an old classic!