Mini Apple Pies...a delicious treat after picking 20 pounds of apples in the Hudson Valley! I love apples and cinnamon, it is a classic combination. Now sometimes we get carried away with the extra sugars that get added into a pie.
This recipe keeps it simple and highlights the flavor of the apples without being too sweet. These are perfect to bring on the go, give to your friends, or keep for yourself! I love anything that is personal size, who doesn’t?
These apples were picked off the trees in North Salem at Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard. A great day to spend a fall day. This place is filled with apple cider, apples, donuts, pies, pumpkins and tons of other foods! A must visit when apple picking. Beware though this place can get so crowded on weekends.
Here’s What you Need for these Mini Apple Pies:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups of apples chopped small ( I peeled one and left the skin on the other)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with non stick spray
- Roll out room temperature pie crust and cut out 3 inch circles to place in the bottom of the muffin tins. If you have extra dough I made mini muffin versions by just cutting the dough smaller.
- Make apple mixture by combining apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl make the topping by combining flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Begin building mini apple pies: put 1 heaping tablespoon of apples into the muffin tray with an even amount in each mini pie.
- Then sprinkle even amount of oatmeal topping on each pie covering the apples.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until crust is browned. Let cool and remove from muffin tin. You can serve warm or room temperature!
Beware these are addicting!