This side dish reminds me of fall, and I love it! Anything roasted with a sort of blackened shell and tender on the inside is delicious. Brussels Sprouts are a great side dish to serve your family.
I know brussels sprouts aren’t for everyone and when I was a kid I wasn’t crazy about them. But now, I love them! This was my first time trying brussels sprouts with a little bit of bacon and it added a delicious element. Possibly a great side dish for Thanksgiving!
Also for people with kids out there, my nephew will eat roasted brussels sprouts, and loves them! So don’t just automatically assume your kids won’t eat it, let them try it! And same with any adults who say they don’t like them!
This recipe serves 2-3
Here’s what you need:
- About a pound of cleaned brussels sprouts (I grabbed one of the small containers from the supermarket)
- 2 pieces of thick cut bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- splash of balsamic vinegar
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put halved brussels sprouts on the baking tray and toss with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix in chopped bacon, salt, pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until brussels sprouts are browned and bacon is crispy. Serve immediately and enjoy.
It does not get any easier then this for a tasty delicious side dish!