Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies that are moist and take like 20 minutes to make – amazing. Why didn’t I try this sooner? I love traditional chocolate chip cookies, or really any cookie. To make them healthier sometimes I will add oatmeal instead of flour which comes out nicely. But today I offer you a traditional chocolate chip cookie, which is actually easier then it looks.
Sweets are something that I struggle with. But I always tell myself everything in moderation. It is also important to not take away sweet things completely because then one day you might end up binge eating late at night.
This year instead of indulging in Halloween Candy I will have these home made cookies. If you are looking for a more festive Halloween treat I love dipping pretzel rods in dark chocolate and sprinkling with halloween colored sprinkles. Those are great to give out to friends or kids.
Ingredients for Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- a little less then 1 stick of softened butter
- heaping 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups of flour (do not pack down)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- about 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (you could do a cup if you want extra chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 large room temperature egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and mix until combined. Do not over mix. Stir in dark chocolate chips. Again do not mix too much or cookies will be tough!
- Make balls about the size of 2 tablespoons and put on a baking sheet with non stick spray. Do not over crowd.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Check at 8 minutes just until outside is browned. Let cool and remove from baking sheet. Enjoy!