Cranberry Pecan Bars…
Take time for yourself each day as the Holidays rapidly approach. De-Stress and Re-Energize with relaxing activities. Don’t let the holidays overwhelm you its meant to be a time with your family and friends.
Baking is an activity that relaxes me. It might not be the best thing for my body but baking has become a fun hobby for me. If you love to bake also just try and find recipes that use substitutes for unhealthy ingredients and remember everything in moderation. Give them away if you do not want to eat the whole batch! I have been wanting to make a holiday bar and received this recipe from a friend and I am very happy with the results!
These Cranberry Pecan Bars come from Jenny Craig Christmas recipes. I have not made many Jenny Craig recipes but I did enjoy this one. It is not too sweet and you get the citrus from the orange which is a nice break from sweet desserts. These cranberry pecan bars would make a nice last minute holiday gift. They literally take no time to make and the ingredients are basic, my favorite.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup of margarine, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
*note you could use butter or margarine just substitute 1 stick of butter. You could use a mixer or by hand.
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl beat margarine with electric mixer for 30 seconds (or by hand).
- Add half of the flour and half of the orange juice, brown sugar, orange peel, egg, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the remaining flour and orange juice, mix well. Stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Spread in a baking pan 11×7 or whatever you have available.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.