Valentine’s Day… a time to make your loved ones cookies!
If you are wondering what to get your loved ones this Valentine’s Day consider baking them something that they will really enjoy. Skip the boxed chocolates and make a few different types of cookies in a really cute cookie tin. These Hershey Kiss Cookies would make a great addition to that gift. They are colorful, cute, and really tasty.
My favorite part of the Hershey Kiss Cookies are the colors. Pinks, reds, and whites on the brown cookie really pop. You look at it and your like that looks really yummy!
Baking these on Valentine’s Day with your kids or boyfriend might be a really cute way to spend part of the day on Saturday. They will love rolling the balls in the sprinkles and of course the way they taste. You also get to spend time with the people you love <3333 – That’s what Valentine’s Day is all about!
This recipe is from The Kitchen is my Playground.
Be Mine Valentine Hershey Kiss Cookies
What you need:
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 T. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of valentine’s day sprinkles (about 1 bottle)
- 25-30 Hershey Kisses candies, unwrapped
What to do:
Makes about 20 cookies
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer beat the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 1-2 minutes. Add egg yolk, milk, vanilla, and mix until just incorporated. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap (it will be sticky and might not look like enough dough but it is) refrigerate one hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll dough into 1 inch balls using a cookie scoop or spoon to help you if you have one (but only filling it half way). Roll the ball in the sprinkles completely covering it. Place on a baking tray with non-stick spray about 2 inches apart. Slightly push down the the center of each ball with your thumb. Chill cookies another 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; bake for 12 minutes or until set. While baking make sure your hershey kisses are unwrapped
- Directly after removing cookies from oven gently put the hershey kisses on center of the cookies – no need to press down – Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes and move to cooling rack or plate to continue cooling.
*Be careful when cookies are still hot the chocolate can slide around. It’s when they cool that they become stuck to the cookies!