Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Cutlets
This is my new favorite way to eat chicken cutlets… I grew up eating Chicken cutlets and they were always fried in lots of oil. There is nothing wrong with that but I wanted to make it a little healthier. This was the first time I tried oven-baking my chicken cutlets instead of frying and it was perfect!
You can serve this as just the chicken cutlet, or pour a little bit of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on top to make individual chicken parmesan. Everybody has endless amounts of chicken cutlets in there freezer because they are relatively cheap. I was trying to find a different way of making one of my favorites. Just be careful since the chicken is Oven-Baked it may loose its crispiness.
I put fresh chopped parsley in the dry breadcrumbs to add a little extra flavor and taste. You need to make sure the parsley is evenly chopped small so you don’t have huge chunks. These are really easy to make and a great option if you always fry your chicken cutlets!
What you need:
- 1 pound of thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 3/4 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg beaten dash of milk
- olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, basil and parsley in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl beat the egg and dash of milk. Set aside
- Salt and pepper the chicken cutlets and dip one chicken cutlet into the egg mixture (Shaking off excess egg) and then into the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Place on a baking tray lightly coated with olive oil. Repeat until all the chicken cutlets are on the tray.
- Lightly sprinkle olive oil over the top of the chicken cutlets to help get a brown crust when baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes one side then flip the chicken and bake for another 10 minutes. Total time about 20-25 minutes. May be done sooner if chicken is thin, so make sure you check.
- Enjoy your oven-baked chicken cutlets with a little bit of rice pilaf and green beans!
Hope you enjoy!