Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberry and Banana Smoothie
So many berries!! This Mixed Berry and Banana Smoothie has 4 different berries in it. That’s thanks to Trader Joe’s. The organic mixed berry blend is picked at the peak of ripeness and frozen within hours of picking. I love this bag of mixed berries because you don’t have to choose or buy expensive fresh fruit that goes bad the next day. There is a little bit of each berry when I make my smoothie and it tastes delicious!
I think we all enjoy making smoothies but for the past month I haven’t really felt like making them. Last week, I was inspired when I picked up a container of fresh raspberries from the store that looked amazing (not old and rotten). I also probably didn’t feel like making smoothies because the weather has been so cold all month. Just another reason to be happy when winter ends, more delicious and colorful smoothies.
This is a fun recipe and I use greek yogurt so the smoothie is a little thick – I used almond milk to thin it out (I prefer a thiner smoothie).
What you need:
- 1 cup of Trader Joe’s organic mixed berries
- 1 small banana
- 7 oz container of vanilla or plain greek yogurt (or 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup of milk (skim or almond, more if needed to thin out)
- chia seeds for topping
- fresh raspberries for top if desired
What to do:
- In a blender combine 1 cup of frozen berries, small banana, greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of milk until is smooth and reaches desired consistency
- In a cup put a few ice cubes and pour smoothie over it. Top with raspberries and chia seeds.
The colors are just so pretty.