Arugula with Pear, Goat Cheese, Grilled Chicken and a Balsamic Dressing.
I love the combination of flavors that this recipe offers. The peppery arugula is a great combination with the tangy goat cheese and home made croutons to soak up all the delicious flavors.
I have had salads similar to this in restaurants and I remember loving them. I never thought if I tried to make it that it would come out as tasty as it did. This recipe is perfect, and a great salad for lunch or dinner in the Fall. The grilled balsamic chicken is tasty and also a good source of protein and very filling.
For this recipe I made home made herbed croutons as well as balsamic chicken. If you have croutons and grilled chicken already that you like just add it in this recipe and it will be even easier!
This is a must try for yourself, a party, or your family.
Here’s What You Need:
- a package of baby arugula
- 1 pound of chicken cutlet marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
- 1 Red Bartlett Pear (or pear of your choice) cut into then pieces
- crumbled goat cheese to taste
- handful of your favorite croutons – see my herbed croutons for a home made version below*
- balsamic dressing to taste (I made my own) – 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, sprinkle of pepper, 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
What to do:
- If you are going to make your own croutons see my herbed crouton recipe below*. If not start by preparing chicken cutlets and marinating in ingredients listed above. While chicken is marinating turn grill on and let preheat.
When grill is hot put chicken on cooking until no longer pink and move to a plate. Chop into small pieces (If you want to use left over grilled chicken skip this step)
- While chicken is cooking make your salad dress in the bottom of a big bowl that you will put your salad in. Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and dijon mustard. Whisk until combined. Taste with a piece of salad to adjust seasoning.
- Once dressing is ready put washed baby arugula in bowl on top of dressing. Next put the sliced pears, handful of your favorite crouton, chopped balsamic chicken, and goat cheese in the bowl. Toss until well mixed. Adjust seasoning and enjoy this delicious salad.
To Make Herbed Croutons for this Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut day old bread into small even pieces and put into a mixing bowl. Chop 2 tablespoons of rosemary, parsley, basil, and thyme. Combine with cut crouton pieces and sprinkle with olive oil until coated. Don’t forget the sea salt and pepper!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned, watch in oven mixing half way through.
- Enjoy in your salad. Store in ziplock bag for another day!