Mash potatoes made with one russet and one sweet potato that won’t leave you feeling guilty! They are easy to make and are great on a weeknight.
This recipe is unusual because you do not use one type of potato. Instead, I use a combination of potatoes which gives you the texture of traditional mash potatoes with the taste and healthy benefits of sweet potatoes.
I absolutely love these potatoes and I do not miss typical mash potatoes when I was eating this recipe. To add creaminess without adding cream or dairy I use almond milk. You won’t be able to tell the difference don’t worry!
You will need:
- 1 large russet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk * you could use skim milk or milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon if desired
What to do:
1. Prepare potatoes as noted above and put potatoes in a large pot with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil and let cook until tender about 20-25 minutes.
3. Drain potatoes and move them back to pot. Mash potatoes with potato masher or fork.
4. Combine mashed potatoes with butter, almond milk, salt, pepper, and cinnamon if you wish.
4. Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe serves 4 people.