Another dish for your Thanksgiving Table…Garlic and Chive Mashed Potatoes
These potatoes are super simple and the garlic and chive gives the potatoes a delicious flavor. Mashed potatoes are something that we always find on our Thanksgiving table every year, along with 3 other types of potatoes… so much food! These are sure to please everybody though and have a creamy and tasty flavor.
I found many mashed potato recipes that involved the use of a lot of butter, buttermilk, cream. In this recipe I decided to combine a few that I have seen and use a little bit of butter, skim milk, and greek yogurt. The result is a crowed pleaser mashed potato recipe!
Garlic and Chive Mashed Potatoes:
What you need:
- 3-4 pounds of yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup of skim milk or more if needed
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 small container plain greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives to mix in and a little reserved for garnish.
What to do:
- Place potatoes in a medium size pot and cover with cold water and 1 large teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender about 12 minutes. Drain and put back into pot on the stove.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher once at desired consistency put burner on low and mix in butter, milk, and chopped garlic. Can be left on side while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Right before serving stir in the greek yogurt and chives.
Final product is a Thanksgiving side dish that everybody will love and could easily be doubled.